Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Klein, Allan L.; Asher, Craig R.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 91
Perfect for exam review or clinical practice, Clinical Echocardiography Review: A Self-Assessment Tool, Second Edition features over 1100 self-assessment questions to keep you up to date with the latest advances and clinical applications in the field.
Written by national and international experts from the Cleveland Clinic and other leading institutions, this best-selling review tool offers a self-paced, highly effective way to assess and expand your knowledge of echocardiography and improve comprehension and retention of vital information.
- Over 1100 self-assessment questions with answers, many based on interpretation of sample images, make this the largest question-and-answer review in echocardiography.
- Fully updated throughout, with many new questions and answers and new images to keep you current.
- Complete coverage includes basics such as physics, artifacts, M-mode and Doppler echocardiography; clinically oriented topics such as atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, and pericardial diseases; as well as dyssynchrony, 3D and strain evaluation and newer technologies such as LVAD and interventional echocardiography.
- Focus on congenital heart disease helps improve clinical diagnosis of these abnormalities.
- Special sections on valvular heart disease including prosthetic valves highlights the echocardiographic appearance of valve problems to speed diagnosis.
- Emphasis is placed on diagnostic interpretation throughout, benefitting cardiologists, fellows, anesthesiologists, and sonographers at every level of expertise.
Clinical Echocardiography Review: A Self-Assessment Tool