Publisher: U.S. National Library of Medicine
Coverage: 1946 - Present
The world’s leading bibliographic source for biomedical scholarly literature and research—with easy linking to full-text journals.
Updated daily, MEDLINE on the Ovid platform offers novice and expert searchers seamless and up-to-the-minute access to over 23 million of the latest bibliographic citations and author abstracts from more than 5,600 biomedicine and life sciences journals in nearly 40 languages (60 languages for older journals). English abstracts are included in more than 80% of the records.
- Coverage dating back to 1946
- Access to Ovid MEDLINE In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations
- Access to ePub Ahead of Print—4,500+ new records per week
- Access to full text for over 1,000 Open Access journals
- Clinical Queries from McMaster University—customized for Ovid
- Search limits based on PubMed's subject subsets, such as AIDS, Bioethics, Cancer, Complementary Medicine, History of Medicine, Space Life Sciences, Systematic Reviews, Toxicology
- Customization of commonly used limits
- Evidence-Based Medicine Reviews (EBMR) Limit (for subscribers of EBMR) for quickly identifying authoritative and relevant evidence, and which links to EBMR article and topic reviews
- Advanced mapping that analyzes users' natural language queries and suggests appropriate terms for searching
- Graphical controlled vocabulary thesaurus that displays Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Proprietary mapping to Medical Subject, which enhances search precision Headings (MeSH®) developed and maintained by the NLM—Ovid allows Customers to personalize their preferred search mode with a large variety of customization options.
- Basic, natural language as well as command-line search syntax functionality
- Multi-file searching across books, journals, and up to 150 database segments at a time
- Comprehensive and well-organized Search History, located on same page as search results, allows users to edit and annotate
- Unique Ovid MEDLINE field - Multipurpose (MP)