Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Dowsett, David
Publisher: CRC Press
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 88
Quick-reference guide for all hospital staff employed in diagnostic imaging - with over 3000 keywords
Written in a concise and easy to digest form, the dictionary covers a wide variety of subject matter, including:
· Radiation legislation and measurement
· Computing and digital imaging terminology
· Nuclear medicine radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals
· Radiographic contrast agents (x-ray, MRI and ultrasound)
· Definitions used in ultrasound and MRI technology
· Statistical expressions and general scientific terms relevant to radiology
Keywords are linked so that a particular topic can be followed by reference to all relevant keywords. In many instances, keywords are further defined by showing worked examples.
Additional useful entries to the dictionary include historical reference to notable persons who have contributed to diagnostic imaging, as well as web page contacts for relevant worldwide organizations.