Publication Year: 2015
Authors/Editor: Bruera, E.; Higginson, I.; von Gunten, C.; Morita T.
Publisher: CRC Press
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 87
With additional chapters covering all the different aspects of supportive care, the second edition expands upon its unique evidence-based, multi-professional approach and global perspective ensured by the international team of editors and contributing authors.
With an emphasis on providing palliative service anywhere in the world, including the need to provide such care in developing nations, the book is an ideal complement to the narrative approach of other texts on the topic. It is essential reading for all palliative care physicians in training and in practice, as well as palliative and support care nurses and other health professionals on the palliative care team.
- Approaches the topic from a global perspective with particular emphasis on practice in Europe and North America
- Uses a multidisciplinary approach, reflecting the varying needs of the palliative care team
- Features a new section on the assessment and management of effects of medical treatments as well as a new section on rehabilitation and survivorship
- Includes new information on chemotherapy- and radiation therapy-induced emesis, geriatric palliative care, and hormonal therapy and targeted agents
- Covers palliative care in less developed nations
Textbook of Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care