Publication Year: 2010
Authors/Editor: Williams, Christopher; Chellingsworth, Marie
Publisher: CRC Press
This book is essential reading for practitioners involved in introducing the use of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) into their clinical practice and making it truly accessible to practitioners and patients alike.
The book covers:
* how to support someone in 10, 20 or 60 minutes using the successful and proven
five areas model
* the challenges faced and how to overcome these when working using guided
* how to offer support face to face, or using telephone, email or classes
* practical information and advice for all those wishing to use the five areas guided
CBT interventions in their clinical practice
* how to introduce, support and review progress using the Plan, Do, Review model
* a description of the wide range of five areas resources and how to use them with
* support scripts and linked online resources.
The book provides a proven delivery model for wider dissemination of this evidencebased
CBT approach. It is essential reading for general practitioners, psychologists,
psychological well-being practitioners (PWPs), self-help support workers, coaches,
counsellors, nurses, occupational therapists, teachers, psychiatrists, condition
management/back to work teams, managers and commissioners and other practitioners
wishing to incorporate CBT as part of their practice and services.