Publication Year: 2006
Authors/Editor: Simonsen, Terje; Aarbakke, Jarle; Lyssa, Roy; Kay, Ian; Sinnott, Paul; Coleman, Iain
Publisher: CRC Press
Illustrated Pharmacology for Nurses is a fully comprehensive and beautifully illustrated textbook, covering both the basic principles and the clinical aspects of pharmacology.
Drug therapy is an increasingly important element in the treatment of patients, and understanding how a drug works is essential for all nurses. This book provides clear and simple explanations of the way drugs act, and it looks at their effects and use in a range of situations. It also covers drug action in specific conditions, combining the basic and clinical aspects of pharmacology in one concise volume. Packed with essential information, and extensively illustrated, Illustrated Pharmacology for Nurses is an invaluable learning tool for nursing, biomedical and clinical science students.
* Superbly illustrated with over 300 colour line diagrams, enhancing the understanding of the text
* Four-colour page design
* Integrates basic and clinical pharmacology in a single, concise volume
* Makes the complex concepts of pharmacology clear and memorable
* Addresses the distinct areas of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion
* Summary of key points for each chapter