Publication Year: 2011
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Carroll, John D.; Webb, John G.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
Structural Heart Disease Interventions collects and refines the latest advances in the discipline—from established to emerging tools and techniques—providing clinicians and all members of the care team with a practical, comprehensive, clinically relevant summary of the discipline.
Structural heart disease interventions are a diverse group of novel treatments that have evolved from a small number of procedures to an impressive array of new approaches to diseases that have been traditionally managed by surgery and medical therapy.
The manual’s emphasis on minimally invasive procedures allows for shorter healing times and improved outcomes.
There are five major sections including:
1) Core Knowledge in SHD Intervention
2) Specialized Skills for the Interventionalist/Surgeon
3) Closure of Congenital and Acquired Defects in Adults
4) Transcatheter Therapy for Valvular Disease
5) Additional Specialized SHD Interventions
- Abundant, high quality images present anatomical complexities and diversity
- Global perspectives from expert contributors detail the latest tools and techniques.
- Concise, practical presentation emphasizes the most clinically relevant information.
- Coverage of transcatheter mitral valve repair helps readers perfect their technique.
- Chapter on how to establish and credential a SHD program helps promote best practices.
Structural Heart Disease Interventions