Publication Year: 2018
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 92
Doody Core Title
This colorful book for practicing nurses and nursing students provides a unique approach to learning important clinical concepts and techniques.
The book presents information in a remarkably clear and easy-to-understand fashion, using abundant illustrations to demonstrate hands-on treatments and explain disease pathophysiology. Fully visual text lets the nurse read less and understand more, improving her skills and gaining confidence as a health professional through pictures.
Follow these real-world visuals and top-notch directions for treating common diseases.
- NEW flow charts showing clinical manifestations and leading to diagnosis, showing improvement or decline.
- NEW format—tests, procedures, and treatments for each system now appearing before discussion of diseases
- NEW diagnoses added for diseases throughout the text
- Dozens of colorful illustrations, photos, waveforms, and diagrams that clearly demonstrate concepts and descriptions
- Step-by-step guidance on basic assessment skills, including: gathering subjective and objective data, questions to ask, documentation, and more
- Step-by-step assessment and treatment instructions that enhance your nursing skills and confidence
- Chapters addressing individual body systems: respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, renal and urologic, hematologic and immunologic, endocrine, integumentary, and male and female reproductive care
Each body system chapter addresses:
- Major diseases affecting that system
- Normal anatomy—descriptions and images
- Pathophysiology of common health problems
- Lab tests and imaging studies
- Disease development
- Signs, symptoms, stages, and prevention
- Treatments—drug therapies, procedures, and surgery
- Nursing considerations—assessing patient decision-making ability, monitoring for complications, checking vital signs, post-operative care, and more
- Comparative charts that list diseases, their causes, persons at risk, symptoms, assessment findings, diagnoses, treatments, interventions
- Ideal study and review text for visual learners—colorful images that support other nursing texts, making it easy to learn and retain information
- Summarizes the major diseases and nursing considerations and interventions clearly and concisely
Chapter features that include:
- Picturing Patho—flowcharts that show the effects of complex diseases
- Photographs that illustrate nursing procedures and treatments
Lippincott's Visual Nursing: A Guide to Diseases, Skills, and Treatments