Develop top-level guidelines for high-risk and critically ill pregnant women with AWHONN High-Risk & Critical Care Obstetrics, 4th Edition, an official publication of the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
This comprehensive analysis of critical care obstetrics concepts offers summary of research findings and top-notch clinical expertise. Made for perinatal clinicians who provide care to pregnant women with high-risk or critical care conditions, this is the expert guidance you need to navigate complex patient conditions and promote safe, effective perinatal care.
Grow your knowledge base with current clinical guidance on high-risk and critical care obstetrics...
- All content fully updated - new chapters on maternal morbidity and mortality, strategies to improve maternal outcomes, critical care development strategies, volume resuscitation, triage, morbidly adherent placenta, and more
- Most chapters written by nurse and physician author teams demonstrating effective collaborative care
- Practical guidance on obstetric patient assessment and triage
- Proven care management insights on handling clinical conditions such as mechanical ventilation during pregnancy, anesthesia emergencies, pharmacologic treatments, hypertension in pregnancy, cardiac and pulmonary disorders in pregnancy, diabetic ketoacidosis and continuous insulin infusion management in pregnancy, acute kidney injury, and more
- Sample clinical care guidelines address Preeclampsia/Eclampsia, Massive Transfusion, Morbidly Adherent Placenta, and more
- Up-to-date summary of research on maternal morbidity and mortality factors - leading causes, life-threatening childbirth conditions, racial disparities, and preventability
- Thorough pathophysiology information that details interventions needed for a wide range of obstetric disorders
- Ideal review text and clinical guide for obstetric nurses and maternal-fetal medical students
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Troiano, Nan H.; Witcher, Patricia M.; Baird, Suzanne McMurtry
Obstetrics & Women's Health
Edition: 4th Ed.