Publisher: International Food Information Service (IFIS)
Coverage: 1969 - Present
Also known as FSTA® – Food Science and Technology Abstracts, this extensive specialist database, in which carefully selected food and health research and information is collated, summarized, and indexed for efficient searching.
FSTA® covers topics relating to every aspect of the food chain including all the major food commodities plus biotechnology, microbiology, food safety, additives, nutrition, packaging and pet foods. It's used by researchers, industry practitioners, and students around the world to keep up-to-date with the latest findings in their fields.
FSTA offers in excess of 1,200,000 highly informative summaries of research articles, patents, standards, reviews, conference proceedings and reports, and is used by academics and professionals throughout the world.
- Worldwide coverage of carefully selected source material from scientific and technological literature relating to food and health. These sources are frequently reviewed to ensure their relevancy and quality
- Alongside journal articles, FSTA includes trade publications, books, reviews, conference proceedings, reports, European patents (EPO), world patents (WIPO, covering 104 countries), and International Standards (ISO)
- Across all publication types, records are drawn from over 22,650 sources, including 1,020 active journals and approximately 5,450 total journals. These span 29 languages from 53 countries
- Every record is indexed against IFIS' comprehensive thesaurus, providing an efficient and powerful search functionality
- Covers every aspect of the food and health sectors, enabling in-depth and targeted interdisciplinary research. FSTA includes all major commodities, related pure and applied sciences, pet foods, food psychology, food economics, food safety, and more