Publication Year: 2008
Authors/Editor: Craig, Leam A.; Browne, Kevin D.; and Beech, Anthony R.
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 86
A handy resource for forensic practitioners responsible for assessing and managing sexual offenders at risk of recidivism
This book covers the risk factors associated with sexual recidivism, evaluates risk assessment approaches and offers guidance on how to conduct forensic evaluations.
Written by an expert author team, it examines:
- The characteristics of sexual offenders
- Methodological considerations in measuring predictive accuracy
- Static and dynamic factors
- Structured risk assessments
- Treatment of sexual offenders
- Policy and practices
It's an essential resource for clinical and forensic psychologists, forensic psychiatrists, undergraduate and postgraduate students in forensic and clinical psychology, and prison and probation officers.
Assessing Risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner's Guide