Publication Year: 2008
Authors/Editor: Fehr, Beverley; Sprecher, Susan; Underwood, Lynn G.
The Science of Compassionate Love is an interdisciplinary volume that presents cutting-edge scholarship on the topics of altruism and compassionate love.
* Adopts a social science approach to understanding compassionate love
* Emphasizes positive features of social interaction
* Encourages the appropriate expression of compassionate love both to those in intimate relationships and to strangers
* Includes articles by distinguished contributors from the fields of psychology, sociology, communication studies, family studies, epidemiology, medicine and nursing
* Is ideal for workshops on compassionate love, positive psychology, and creating constructive interactions between health professionals and patients
Science of Compassionate Love, The: Theory, Research, and Applications