Publisher: American Geosciences Institute
Coverage: 1966 - Present
GeoRef, published by the American Geosciences Institute, contains more than 3.7 million abstract records from geoscience journals, books, maps, conference papers and more.
Established in 1966, the database covers the geology of North American from 1666 for North America and 1933 for the rest of the world, GeoRef includes all publications of the US Geological Survey and adds 100,000 records every year.
- Over 3.9 million abstract records
- Coverage of North America: 1669-present
- Coverage of the rest of the world: 1933-present
- Derived from more than 3,500 journals in 40 languages, as well as from books, maps, conference papers, reports, and theses
- Includes all publications of the US Geological Survey plus masters’ theses and doctoral
dissertations from US and Canadian universities
- 100,000 new records added annually (6,000-9,000 each month)