Ecography is issued by the Nordic Ecological Society OIKOS, representing ecologists in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
Ecography publishes papers focused on broad spatial and temporal patterns, particularly studies of population and community ecology, macroecology, biogeography, and ecological conservation. Studies in ecological genetics and historical ecology are welcomed in the context of explaining contemporary ecological patterns.
Ecography publishes the following types of articles:
- Original research papers present research focused on ecological and geographical patterns in space and time.
- Forum papers are commentaries, short papers or notes about new ideas, alternative ways of evaluating existing information or responses to recent papers in Ecography or elsewhere that deal with spatio-temporal issues in ecology.
- Review & synthesis papers provide a critical assessment of the literature with emphasis on current topics in which rapid and significant advances are occurring.
- Software Notes announce new software or software already in use but not previously published in a peer-reviewed journal for the study of spatial and temporal patterns in ecology.
- News and Views are comments on recent exciting original research in Ecography.
- Brevia concisely present important new research results of broad significance.
Product Type: Journal
Author/Editor: Araujo, Miguel
Earth & Geological Sciences
Update Frequency: Monthly
Coverage: Vol 25 #1 (2002) - Present
Pdf Coverage: Vol 25 #1 (2002) - Present
2018 Journal Impact Factor: 5.946 (Journal Citation Report, Web of Science Group)